Information system connecting laboratory
- LABLink was developed by Viet Ba IT Joint Stock Company based on the management needs of Laboratory Department since 2006 and is continuously being updated and updated.
- LABLink won the second prize (no first prize) in the 2008 Nhan Talent Contest.
LABLink software is the information management system of Laboratory Department (XN) - LIS developed by Viet Ba IT Joint Stock Company based on the management needs of XN department of different hospitals and clinics since 2006. With practical "rubbing" experience, LABLink has proven highly reliable, accurate and efficient.
LABLink has functions to manage patient information, XN sample and test results. A prominent feature of LABLink is the ability to connect to XN machines to receive automated XN results.
LABLink is designed to be extremely open, allowing easy connection with other information systems. Multi-language support, allowing custom interface to be adjusted.
With LABLink software, the management of XN science information will become easier, labor and time will be saved, and especially increase the accuracy of data entry testing results through the following features:
Gathering data and sharing information on a local area network (LAN). Able to expand, display information on the WEB.
- Management of patient basic information
- Manage patient information and test samples
- Support for reporting, searching, and statistics
- Connect XN machine to receive results automatically
- Connected to most of the XN machines on the Vietnamese market
LABLink products are completely developed by Vietnamese people, so the compatibility level with the domestic operating environment is very high. With the support of experts with many years of experience, LABLink will be quickly deployed and put into use quickly with an easy to understand communication, manual and transfer.
II. Detailed characteristics
1. Some outstanding features
- LABLink is developed on Microsoft technology in a 2-layer model (client / server)
- Centralized management of database by MSSQL Server data management system to share information on local area network (LAN). At the same time, it is also easily expandable to provide information on the Web
- Modern programming language .NET with friendly interface, easy to use
- In particular, LABLink uses the method of connecting the database through intermediate users, so it is very secure. Ordinary users cannot interfere with the database so it is very safe.
- Highly open, multi-language support, allowing custom interface adjustments.
B. Descriptions of basic product features
The LABLink system includes the following basic features:
- Management of basic patient information
- Manage patient information and test samples
- Barcode generation, barcode printing for patients and patient samples
- Connect the test machine to automatically register the test (run the machine) and receive the automatic results returned by the test machine
- Management of chemicals used for testing machines
- Support reports, search, statistics
- Connect with hospital and clinic management information systems (HIS, CIS, ...)
- Centralize data, share information on a local area network (LAN). Able to expand, display information on the WEB.
- To be able to connect with most of the testing machines on the Vietnamese market
In which, LABLink's 04 outstanding features are:
B.1. Test machine connection
The LABLink system's first outstanding feature is the ability to connect to test machines to automatically register results and receive results returned by the machine. Previously, when it was necessary to perform a test for a patient, the technician had to take a sample, place the sample in the machine, enter patient information (name, age, sex, ...) and the types of TESTs that the disease need to perform. When the test is done, the technician must check it on the machine and then print the result sheet from the transfer machine to the input department to re-enter it on the result report and return it to the patient. For patients with many tests, the input is very hard and the possibility of error is very high, especially for the tests with many parameters (blood count test: at least 18 parameters, urine test: 10 parameters, ...)
With LABLink deployment, technicians only need to put samples with barcodes as prescribed in the testing machine and run the machine. Patient information and test requirements will be automatically transferred into the machine by the LABLink system based on the barcode affixed to each sample tube. After the machine is running, the test results of each patient will automatically be transferred to the computer. Technicians can print results from here or transfer this information to other management systems (clinic management, hospital fees, ...) to calculate general costs for patients.
B.2. Very high openness
LABLink is designed in a modularization based on a very flexible system administration program. Each functional group is built together on a project and deployed as a DLL - dynamic library (This library can be written in any language in the .NET series such as VB.Net, C#, Jscript, Visual J#…). When it is necessary to run a function belonging to any DLL, LABLink uses the .NET libraries (System.Reflection) to activate the functional Form in this DLL.
B.3. Multi-language support
A highlight of this system is that the entire interface can be customized according to the language you choose. This is a strong point of LABLink when deploying to a number of foreign clinics in Vietnam and is also a useful feature when the authors' orientation is to develop LABLink in foreign markets.
B.4. Easy to connect with other systems
The LABLink connection management module with other systems is designed to be very flexible, allowing direct connection through intermediate data tables or through files in standard XML format. In particular, this module has solved a very important problem when connecting to many different systems that is allowing declaration and configuration of test parameters sent by different systems. For example, the RGB parameter in hospital A remains the same as RGB, but in hospital B it is declared Red blood cells (RGB).
In addition, information about a type of test such as a unit of measure (both quantitative such as mol / l, g / l, ... or qualitative as: negative, positive), printing type, rounding method, ... are available. can be configured according to the requirements of each manager.
LABLink's XML connection management feature can be used to easily transmit test results between hospitals. This feature can be effectively applied in the case of a hospital at the provincial or district level not able to perform tests, send requests to the central level or send it to testing centers. After these laboratories finish testing by LABLink, the results will be returned to lower level hospitals and converted directly into the management system rather than re-importing the results to patients.
2. System model
Data connection model
Functional connection model
3. New features of the system
In addition to the basic features of an LIS system, LABLINK is also supplemented with a number of functions for management and administration in the laboratory as follows:
A. Chemical management
Managing the whole chemical planning process, storing chemicals, allocating for testing equipment, based on the results of the sample run, automatically update the quantity of used chemicals and the amount of chemicals in stock. warehouse, thereby giving warnings and evaluation on chemical management. The data flow model of the module is as follows:
B. Construct graphs on hematological results return sheets
C. Look up on the web and integrate digital signature
Allows to integrate the feature of looking up test results information on the web site, thereby reducing waiting time for patient results to be retrieved. In addition, to ensure the legality of test results, especially the results returned online, the system also allows integration of digital signatures into the results, thereby ensuring the safety of the results. Results are paid to the patient
The return of results by digital signature also brings certain effects in optimizing printing costs in the Institute's internal management, contributing to improving the quality of services provided to patients.
II. Recommended hardware configuration
(This configuration recommends clinics with less than 200 tests a day)
- 01 Online Server: CPU 2.4G, QUADCORE, HDD: 80G, 8GB RAM
- 01 backup server: CPU 2.0G, DUALCORE, HDD: 80G, 4GB RAM
- 02 UPS 1.5 kVA
- Note: should use online server which is standard server of IBM, HP ... (estimated price: 5000USD); Backup server is a assembled PC (estimated price 1200 USD)
+ Workstations and other equipment:
- PC computer: CPU 1G, HDD 40 GB, RAM 2GB, Screen resolution of 600 × 800
- RS232 slot: Each device needs an RS232 port and a cable connected to the computer. Can be directly connected on the server or separately connected on the workstations for leveling.
- Workstations and servers need to be connected to the same LAN
- LAN speed:> = 100 MB / s
- 01 barcode printer for test samples
- 01 barcode scanner
- At least 01 regular printer laser to print test results. With a large number of tests, you should have 2 printers to divide the load when printing the results.
+ Required software / operating system
- Server operating system: Windows Server 2003 or higher
- Server database: MS SQL Server 2005 or 2008.
- Workstation operating system: Windows Win XP / Window 7.
- MS Excel to export the results to Excel file
III. System interface image
- Sign in
2. Register the patient and prescribe tests
3. Print test results
4. Connect to other HISLink systems
5. Data processing
6. Manage categories
7. Reports in the system