Image transmission information system (PACS / RISLink)
- PACS (Pictures archiving and communication system) is a computer system and specialized software
- Capture, store, transmit and display images according to DICOM standards and related information for diagnostic and search purposes.
PACS / RISLink, PACS / RISLink, PACS / RISLink, was developed by Viet Ba IT based on the need to manage diagnostic imaging departments of different hospitals and clinics. With practical experience, this solution has proven highly reliable, accurate and effective.
The solution provided by Viet Ba has full functions of patient information management, for service registration and image acquisition from DICOM and NON DICOM imaging devices, integrating and forming muscle. photo database, an important part of the hospital information system.
PACS / RISLink of Viet Ba IT is also designed to be very open, allowing easy connection with other information systems. The administration system supports multiple languages, allowing custom interfaces to be edited.
PACS / RISLink also has a WEB View feature, allowing users to view and process images remotely via WEB with tools that are not much different than being manipulated directly at photo viewing stations in hospitals. . This is a very useful tool to support today's remote diagnostics.
PACS / RISLink also allows viewing of DICOM or NON DICOM images on the basis of a completely Vietnamese interface, with detailed instructions for user convenience.
- RISLink module is built on Microsoft technology in a 2-layer model (client / server)
- Centralized database management by SQL administration system 2005/2008
- Programming language .NET 2008 with friendly interface, many utilities, allowing to change according to the requirements of the user
- Designed in a modular direction, allowing easy expansion of features, including development teams of deployment units. Each functional group in the system is built on a project and deployed as a DLL - dynamic library (It is possible to use any language of the .NET family such as VB.NET, C#, J#, ...) . When run, the administration program will activate the required functions.
- The system is built based on DICOM standard, so it can be easily integrated with IT systems that comply with this standard
- Use the world's leading specialized toolset to support DICOM and NON DICOM image processing features.
PACS / RISLink system includes 04 main modules as follows:
- Device connection module (Viet Ba DICOMWorkList and PACS solutions)
- Image processing module (Viet Ba DICOMViewer, dedicated image processing solution)
Module for managing patient information
- Module connection with hospital management information systems (HIS, CIS, ...)
The model of a fully functional diagnostic imaging system is as follows:
System design model
CĐHA standardized information model in hospital using PACS / RIS
Interpret the components of the system:
- Image storage and transmission system (PACS) is a specialized computer and software system used to acquire, store, transmit and retrieve images and related information for diagnostics. and look up
- Connection model of PACS system
- The basic features of PACS:
- Automatically collect images according to DICOM standards from modality (imaging equipment) such as digital X-ray, CT, MRI, endoscopy, ultrasound,….
- Storing images collected on PACS servers according to DICOM standards
- Transfer images to other display and management systems: DICOM printers, DicomViewer, ...
- With modern storage technologies, image data warehouse on PACS system will be managed, stored and retrieved to serve the needs of research, research, training, ... for many years at the request of people. manage.
- PACS system provided by Viet Ba has all the features of a complete PACS, and also has additional features to support the acquisition and processing of NON DICOM (Non-compliant) images, and converting images. image to DICOM format for integration into the common management system
3.2 RIS (Radiology Information System) feature
- Diagnostic Imaging Department (RIS) is a specialized computer and software system used for book management, reporting, archiving, statistics, patient planning, muscle management. facilities of the hospital, managing the professional work of CĐHA doctors ... This system needs to be able to connect to PACS as well as HIS.
- Deployed at the service registration, administration and management department of the diagnostic imaging department
- The RISLink system, built by Viet Ba, is highly compatible with other IT systems in the hospital as well as the habits of Vietnamese people. The system has a customizable interface, allowing you to choose Vietnamese language and any other language, so it is very suitable for many different users.
- Model of information circulation of the system:
- This system basically includes the following functions:
- Reception management, registration of patients in the department: Allows the administrative department of the CDHA department to update administrative information and service orders for patients registered directly at the department
- Connect with other systems such as HIS (patient administration information and scan orders, service performance results, diagnosis results, ...). This function prevents the administrative department of the department from having to re-input the patient's administrative information and service orders if they have been recorded in the general registry of the hospital.
- Turn administrative information and capture commands into modality: This system has features that allow connection with diagnostic imaging devices to automatically transfer patient information to DICOM WORKLIST compliant equipment. With this feature, the RISLink system will help minimize technician's equipment operating time, eliminating the need for technicians to re-enter patient information (name, age, address, shooting location, ...) into the device. This feature, together with HIS Connect feature, help ensure a complete management process in hospital imaging.
(The list of patients via RISLink via DICOM WORKLIST transferred to the DR system of CANON)
- Statistics, reports for the management of the CDHA faculty: The system allows to synthesize reports according to many criteria (Object, service, ...). Simultaneously allow display in many different types of reports (graphs, lists, ...)
- Connect with PACS system to look up, monitor service performance, and diagnose results. Information about the processing status of the image can also be immediately transferred to other management systems (clinic management, hospital fees, ...) to calculate general costs for the patient. Immediately after the images were collected, the PACS system also transferred all of these images and the diagnostic results of the CĐHA doctors to the photo viewing stations of clinicians to support medical examination The patient is quick and accurate.
(Patient selection interface and image display of the radiologist and clinician)
3.3. DICOMVIEWER image display feature
- DICOM Image Display Software (DICOMVIEWER) is a dedicated software that allows to display and process images according to DICOM standards.
- Purpose: Used for viewing photos of diagnostic doctors as well as subclinical doctors. In line with the deployment of replication for departments in the Hospital
- DICOMVIEWER software built by Viet Ba has an interface completely in Vietnamese, so it is easy to understand and use for users. This module meets the full features of an image processing software in DICOM format.
- Display pictures (1 page (frame) or Multipage) according to DICOM or NonDICOM standard.
- Supports a lot of image processing features such as:
- Effects: Zoom image; adjust brightness, contrast; Magnifier, stack, offset ...
- Zoning on image: square, circle, ellipse, free-shape, magicwand, ...
- Insert symbols on images: arrows, text, rulers, angles, polygons, ...
- This feature allows to edit patient information in Dicom file such as: Patient_ID, Patient_Name, Patient_Adress ...
- Advanced image processing features
- Multi View feature: allows you to display and process many different images at the same time.
- Support drag and drop image files into the application as well as common cut and paste modes used in windows such as: Ctr + V = paste pictures, Ctrl + X = cut images, ...
- Supports a series of shortcuts so that users can easily manipulate functions such as: rotate photos, flip images, delete frames, ...
- Another outstanding feature of this module is the ability to convert images in the NON-DICOM format to the DICOM format collected from devices that do not support this standard (DICOM CONVERTER feature). And from the DICOM standard images will allow printing to DICOM printers or other peripheral devices such as regular printers, CD / DVD, USB, .... This feature has opened up a new direction, minimizing printing, film coating, thereby reducing cost of service.
- DICOMVIEWER also includes the ability to save images to different file formats or burn to CD / DVD for the patient.
- In addition, this module not only features DICOM image processing, but also can process images according to common NONDICOM standards (JPEG, BITMAP, ...). Provides users with a relatively complete image processing solution.
3.4 Specialized image processing system (optional)
- DICOM dedicated image processing software is actually DICOM display and processing software (DICOMVIEWER), but it is integrated with many complex image processing features, serving the diagnostic and intensive research of doctors. imaging.
- In addition to the features of a DICOMVIEWER, the system also has advanced features:
- 3-dimensional image processing and reproduction (3D)
- Extract the image
- Supports multiple displays on multiple monitors
- Speech Recognition
3.5. The system supports WEBVIEW remote diagnostics (option)
- This is a very useful tool for remote diagnosis, research, training as well as support for levels where there are no good diagnostics.
- Images after being captured into the PACS system can be provided to doctors remotely via the Internet. Doctors only need to be provided with the username and password to log into the system to access, display and write Vietnamese reports for images on the system.
- To the diagnostic practitioner, WEBVIEW is function like a DICOMVIEWER. It allows the doctor to perform a full range of common handling features. In addition, Viet Ba has also deployed solutions that allow doctors to perform diagnostics with smart handset devices (smartphones) such as iPAD, Samsung Galaxy, ...
- Overall model of remote diagnostic support system:
3.6. Dedicated CD / DVD burning system (optional)
- In addition to recording images to CD / DVD directly from a DICOMVIEWER system, for cases where volume burning is required, the PACS / RISLink system also allows hardware device integration with software modules. to create tools to support batch burning.
- The user only needs to filter the list to be burned and ordered the execution. The robotic arm of the hardware system will automatically insert the disc into the reader, write an image with the module displaying and label the patient's administrative information (Name, age, ID, gender, ...)
- This system ensures fast, accurate CD / DVD burning with high quality.
4. Hardware device requirements
+ Server install : Dedicated server for installing PACS systems. Configuration depends on the number of services and equipment in the Institute.
+ Client: Use at the site of the diagnostic doctor
- PC: 2.4GHz CPU, 200 GB HDD, 2GB RAM
- Dedicated high resolution screens
- SVGA: 256 MB DDR3 256 bits.
- CD / DVD burner if wishing to burn CD / DVD for the patient
+ Client: Use at the clinician's location and at the location of the department's reception (RISLink, WEBView or DICOMViewer system settings)
- PC: 2.4GHz CPU, 200 GB HDD, 2GB RAM
- High resolution screen
- CD / DVD burner if wishing to burn CD / DVD for the patient
+ LAN and other peripherals:
- High quality is required to ensure speed of transmission of large image data
- CAT 6 in the same building or fiber optic cable between buildings
- Dedicated printer (if printing results to paper are used).
+ Internet (optional):
- To serve remote diagnostics requires a good quality internet connection
- Static IP address is required to deploy web server for remote webview clients
+ Dedicated storage system (optional):
- Only invest in shopping in case of large data volumes, high safety and high availability of data are required.
- Storage capacity and the need for ONLINE, OFFLINE storage time according to the management requirements of the deployment unit
- Big cost
5. Necessary software / operating system
- Server operating system: Windows Server 2003 or 2008.
- Server database: MS SQL Server 2005
- Workstation operating system: Windows XP / Windows 7.
- MS Word for exporting diagnostic results samples